The last time I did this, I kinda turned my life around.
I think it’s time for the updated version.
- My home (hahaha, sprung to mind before my husband and my son teeheehee).
- My husband, when he surprises me with his understanding of life.
- My son, when he wants to press his cheek to mine – this is a rare delight and I savour it.
- My masala chai and two pieces of toast every morning give me incredible satisfaction, to the point where V tries to ensure I can have it uninterrupted.
- Face times with my fam.
- Watching Emily Blunt in Wild Target.
- My embarrassing UGG Boots which keep me delightfully warm in the mornings.
- My garden with the curry leaves and the passion fruit vine growing.
- Having neighbours who are happy to get the occasional food delivery – I think it means more happiness to me than to them.
- The porch, which now has seats. Wahoo.
- The new opportunities to travel, I feel like life keeps unfolding before me.
- OMG – my co-share working space, which is 5 minutes from home. By. Foot.
- The new app we’re starting to work on.
- My yoga teacher and yoga practise. I say that like I can do downward dog for ages – but really, I’m the one sprawled on the floor, or better yet, in child pose. I love it. Especially child pose.
- Having a washing machine AND a dryer. Still gives me the kicks.
- The satisfaction of finally having furniture in our home. Every lamp, light fitting, chair and table give me immense joy. I could just stare.
- Date nights with V.
- Having NimBin Cheese in the fridge and an extra bottle of Pic’s peanut butter in the cupboard. Life is so good.
- Catching the train more often.
- Eggs with chilli and cheese.
- Being able to get some time to take photographs of the feels.
- The cool way our little suburb is growing.
- Buying Aru’s diapers in bulk so we hardly ever run out (either same day or next day delivery y’all).
- Having clothes start me to fit me better, just a teeny bit.
- Knowing I’ve sold my business to a lovely guy.
- Friendships. The few I hold onto – make me so happy!
- The nanny’s routine – I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it’s been so good. Locked in times and clarity.
- Hot water with lemon.
- Waking up to vines and creepers right outside our bedroom.
- Being able to talk to certain people on a whole new level because things have changed and there is more to share.
- My gold sneakers.
- The ring I bought myself on our anniversary. So glad I can take V out of the equation – teeheehee.
There is more, but Aru is knocking at the door and so is my toast.